The national average for a gallon of regular gas is about $2.35 a gallon, a dollar cheaper than this time last year.
In Kansas City on the morning of Sept. 28, we found prices as low as $1.95 a gallon.
As of 9:30 a.m. here were the cheapest places to fill up, according to Gas Buddy.
- $1.95 Sam's Club 4100 Bolger Rd near S Bolger Rd Independence
- $1.95 QuikTrip 16501 E US-40 & Lees Summit Rd Independence
- $1.95 Shell 15470 E US-40 & Brentwood St Kansas City - East
- $1.95 Conoco 17121 E US-40 & Shrank Dr Independence
- $1.95 Costco 19040 E Valley View Pkwy & E Eastland Center Ct Independence