Even though the Chiefs aren't going to the Super Bowl, Kansas City will still be seen by millions. The sports architecture team that was selected to design Levi's Stadium is local company HNTB. The designers were tasked with designing a stadium that would include: fan experience, sustainability and technology.
The $1.2 billion stadium embodies the technology-driven, sustainability-minded culture of the surrounding Silicon Valley, and its high-tech, open-space design facilitates a unique, interactive fan experience.
Below, are some facts about the stadium:
- 1.9 million square feet
- First NFL stadium to have sustainability and LEED certification standards
- A primary focus on open spaces, terraces and glass-enclosed lounges
- Keeps fans constantly connected to the action
- Open plazas throughout the stadium on multiple levels
- Two main entrances - 18,000-square-foot open-space plazas - that have been placed at the northwest and southwest corners.
Alyson Bruner can be reached at email@example.com.
You can also follow her on Twitter.