Ottawa KS police seek missing mother, child

Ottawa KS police seek missing mother, child
Posted at 11:50 PM, Oct 14, 2018
and last updated 2018-10-15 00:50:20-04

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A 4-year-old from Ottawa, Kansas, was reported missing Thursday when the mother failed to show up for a custody hearing in Johnson County.

The father, who is from Osawatomie, Kansas, contacted the Olathe Police Department after being unable to reach the mother and the case was referred to the Ottawa Police Department, because that was the mother and child’s last known address.

Detectives in Ottawa have learned that the mother and child moved out of their Ottawa residence three weeks ago and their whereabouts are unknown.

“It is unclear right now when the exact last time the mother and child lived in Ottawa,” the police said in a statement obtained Sunday by 41 Action News.

Ottawa police entered the child’s description into the FBI’s national missing persons database Thursday.

Police won’t release the mother’s name unless and until the Franklin County Attorney’s Office charges her in the case, but the National Center for Missing and Exploited Kids lists her as Trina Tinsley.

Tinsley, 40, is a white female with brown hair and blue eyes. She is 5-feet-6 and 130 pounds.

The missing child, Jax Tinsley, was last seen Oct. 1, according to the organization. He’s 3-feet-2 and 50 pounds with blonde hair, blue eyes and glasses.

The NCMEC lists Jax as from Osawatomie, because that’s where the father lives.

“A judge in Johnson County issued an order after the court hearing to turn custody of the child over to the father,” Ottawa police said. “Because of that order, in addition to the missing child, our department is seeking charges against the mother for Interference with Parental Custody.”

The warrant request was sent to the court Friday and police plan to follow up Monday to see if it’s been issued.

Anyone with information about the missing mother and child, can contact the Ottawa police at 785-242-1700, call local law enforcement or call 9-1-1.