A Stilwell family of six lost their 5,000 square-foot home in a fire on the second night they'd been living there.
Early Friday morning, Kristin Holdhusen reportedly woke up and noticed a glow outside her bedroom door. She and her husband, Brad, were able to evacuate themselves, their four children and the family dog without injury, but the home, which cost between an estimated $800,000 and $1 million to build, was consumed by the blaze before firefighters were able to put it out.
Firefighters said the fire may have been started by a chimenea — a type of pot-bellied outdoor fireplace — that had been left smoldering on the family's deck.
While members of the Holdhusen family work to replace their belongings and find a new home, a friend of the family has set up a GiveForward account to help them raise money for a new start.