Missouri may not have sold a jackpot-winning Powerball ticket, but there were 15 others who landed substantial prizes throughout the state - three within the Kansas City area.
Fifteen tickets matched four of the five white lottery balls and the one 'Powerball,' which gives a $50,000 prize.
A Shell station in Belton sold one ticket. Others were also sold at the Price Chopper in northeast Kansas City at 5800 Wilson Road and at the Trex Mart in Dearborn, the exact location a local couple hit a $300 million jackpot three years ago.
"I like to buy tickets when I'm in the absolute most remote place I can be in. It seems to be where all the winners come from," said Rod Kehlenbeck, who stopped at the Dearborn convenience store Thursday while traveling to Alabama.
The state hasn't released the names of the winners yet for security purposes.
This last jackpot run generated $23.5 million for education. Businesses earned more than $3 million from selling powerball tickets. More than 60.8 million tickets were sold.
Winners have 180 days (July 11) to claim their prize.
A complete list of the Missouri winning locations:
- QuikTrip, 11444 St. Charles Rock Road, in Bridgeton
- Break Time, 2205 N. Stadium Drive, in Columbia
- Phil-Mart, 500 S. Main St., in Salem
- Union Star Station, 9031 Highway 169, in Union Star
- QuikTrip, 4750 Highway K, in O’Fallon
- Kum & Go, 130 Old Route 66, in St. Robert
- Trex Mart, 17605 Highway Z, in Dearborn
- S & B Liquors, 3320 E. Highway 54, in El Dorado Springs
- U.S. Oil, 200 S. Connecticut St., in King City
- Price Chopper, 5800 Wilson Road, inKansas City
- St. Charles Quick Shop, 2010 Campus Drive in St. Charles
- Break Time, 1000 W. College, in Marshall
- Kum & Go, 2930 S. National Ave., in Springfield
- Shell, 7905 E. 171st St., in Belton
- The Filling Station, 27 Route O, in Southwest City
Josh Helmuth can be reached at email@example.com.