Good morning bloggers,
The sunrise this morning was colorful and just gorgeous. The picture attached to this blog comes from Lauren Hickey in Kansas City north. Thank you Lauren for tweeting this out to us (my twitter handle is glezak).
The wind has been howling a bit overnight and it helped warm us up to 44 degrees by 7 AM. There will be a few periods of clouds today, and the wind will blow from the southwest at 20 to 30 mph. The wind will begin tapering off later today, and then our attention will focus on the potential weekend storm.
Last night on 41 Action News I showed the battle between the European and American models. Take a look at them from yesterday:
The European model showed the storm missing KC and the American model has us in the middle of it as you can see below:
Now, these two maps are what I showed last night. Early this morning the new European Model has shifted the snow much farther north and it is coming in line with the American Model. If this trend continues, then our conversation will get a little more serious on our newscasts tonight. It is still a bit too early to make a specific forecast for Sunday and Monday,, so please watch today and tonight as we bring you Kansas City's Most Accurate forecast and most in-depth weather information.
Kansas City Weather Time-line:
- Today: Windy and cool. There will be a few periods of clouds with a high reaching the lower 50s
- Friday: Not as windy with a few clouds. The sun will come out enough to warm us up to 54°
- Saturday: Turning much colder with north winds 10-20 mph. Highs near 32°
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy with an increasing chance of snow. The chance of snow is 20% for tailgating out at Arrowhead, and 40% for the game. The chance of snow will increase Sunday night into Monday.
- Monday: There is a chance of accumulating snow, but it is still a bit too early to tell.
Have a great Thursday everyone!