I feel like I have been overindulging since November but I love a good party and guacamole. So, how about some guilt-free comfort food?
My recipe is a twist on these Whole 30 Sloppy Joe Sliders !
I’m not positive these are Paleo or Whole 30 approved but they are gluten, grain, dairy, soy, and sugar free! Read your labels to be sure!
Sweet Potato Taco Joes
- 2 large sweet potatoes with a large diameter sliced into 1/4 inch thick discs
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Taco seasoning
- 2 Avocados
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice sweet potatoes into round slices about ¼ inch thick
- Drizzle with olive oil and Taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Close the lid and shake!
- Place slices on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake for 45 minutes.
- Flip them halfway through (don’t forget like me! Ha!)
- While those are cooking, brown your meat. I like grass-fed ground beef or ground turkey.
- Add taco seasoning to the meat as desired and when it has browned, stir in half a jar of your favorite salsa. Don’t add too much, you don’t want the meat mixture to be too soupy.
NOW it is time to make GUACAMOLE! You can buy it but it is SO easy to throw together and tastes so fresh! You can personalize it that way too! For example, mine doesn’t have jalapeños but if you love a kick, add some!
- Slice two avocados (long way first, remove the pit and then slice a grid so the pieces fall off the peel).
- Place avocado in a medium bowl.
- Add a clove or two of fresh garlic. So easy and cheap! Smash it with the knife first then dice!
- Add fresh chopped cilantro to taste
- Add a few sliced cherry tomatoes
- Squeeze in some fresh lime juice
- Smash and stir it all together with a fork until smooth.
- Place a spoonful of the meat on your sweet potato slices (not too much!) then top with a dollop of guacamole and BAM! Tasty!