NewsLocal News


Grandview man faces rape, kidnapping charges

Posted at 3:12 PM, Feb 16, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-18 12:24:31-05

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man charged with crimes against women is behind bars at the Jackson County Jail.

Kevin W. March, 39, faces one count of first-degree robbery, four counts of first-degree kidnapping, two counts of first-degree assault, three counts of first-degree sodomy, one count of first-degree rape or attempted rape, and one count of third-degree assault.

March is no stranger to law enforcement. Last year, he led officers on a high-speed case.

41 Action News has learned that the car he was in belonged to a woman he is accused of drugging and raping.

Court records show despite facing a $15,000 bond for resisting arrest, he was eventually released on his recognizance days after his arrest.

He now is suspected of committing new crimes.

March, of Grandview, is accused of raping and tying up three women in three separate attacks around Kansas City.

Police said the most recent one happened three weeks ago on Jan. 27 at an Extended Stay on East 105th Street near Holmes Road.

The alleged victim told police she was walking through the hotel parking lot on her way to a gas station when March drove up and asked her if she needed a ride.

She took him up on that offer.

Charging documents allege that March physically and sexually assaulted the woman several times in South Kansas City and Raytown. He forced the woman to take drugs and bound her hands and mouth with duct tape.

During the attack, March made the woman perform sex acts on another man and took her to do drugs with friends of his in Harrisonville, according to the probable cause statement.

She managed to escape in Harrisonville by locking herself in the bathroom of a Casey's General Store.

March also is accused of attacking another woman at her apartment in early January.

In this alleged attack, he stole the woman’s car, beat her and tied her up using twine.

The M.O. is similar to another attack March is suspected of. Police believe last June he handcuffed a woman to a tree near a middle school in south Kansas City after he allegedly raped her a number of times over the course of a day, according to documents.

Officers arrested him in that case following a lengthy high-speed chase in which he was driving the victim's car.

41 Action News asked KCPD if there could be more victims. A spokesperson said at this point in the investigation, they are not sure.

Prosecutors in these new crimes requested a $500,000 bond.

A court hearing was set for 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.