Weather

Actions

A Steamy Friday May Lead To Friday Night Thunderstorms

and last updated 2021-07-08 23:55:29-04

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — WEATHER HEADLINES

  • It is a great summer evening with the EOI (Eat Outside Index) a 10
  • Rain is likely this weekend. The first chance looks to arrive Friday night
  • Some severe thunderstorm activity is possible with damaging winds the main risk

KANSAS CITY'S FORECAST

Tonight: Mostly clear and mild. Wind: SE 5-10 mph. Low: 69°

Friday: Sunny & heating up fast. South winds will increase with some afternoon clouds and a slight chance of showers. The chance of rain is 10%. The chance of thunderstorms increases to 90% late Friday night and some of the thunderstorms may be severe. High: 94° Heat Index: 97°-102°

Saturday: It will be mostly cloudy with a few periods of showers and thunderstorms. Total rainfall amounts of up to 2" are possible. Wind: SW to N 10-15 mph. Low: 73° High: 81°

Sunday: Cloudy and cool for summer time. There is a 90% chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. North winds 10-20 mph. High: 72°

Get more updates from our weather team:
View our interactive radar
Read our Weather Blog
Check out the current conditions in our area

The 41 Action Weather Storm Shield is a life-saving app that acts like an NOAA Emergency Weather Radio on your iPhone or Android phone. You will receive critical alerts via voice and push notification regarding major, potentially life-threatening weather events.

Learn more and download it for iOS or Android.

Sign up for the Rebound Newsletter and receive up to date information.