Good morning bloggers,
There was a light dusting of snow over KC last night, and almost 3" of snow down near Wichita, KS. The weather pattern will become a bit wilder in the next week or two as some strong storm systems are lining up. Between now and then we have a high pressure area over Kansas today.
The pressure is way up today, and it will fall dramatically by Sunday. A storm system will be approaching our area, and it is looking like a wet storm with over an inch of rain possible. There is a chance of thunderstorms as well, and then even a chance of snow as this next storm moves away early next week.
This weather pattern is going to produce a huge pressure change. Some people are affected by these huge pressure changes, and this will be one of the bigger drops in pressure, after we just had a huge rise in pressure. The pressure will begin falling Friday into Saturday, and this will allow for a big warm up to near 60 degrees ahead of this Sunday storm.
Kansas City Weather Timeline:
- Today: Mostly sunny and cold. The winds will be light with a high of 31°
- Tonight: Clear and cold with a low near 15°
- Friday: Warmer and sunny with a few high clouds. High: 45°
- Saturday: Warmer again with south winds increasing. High: 58°
- Sunday: Cloudy with a 100% chance of rain by the end of the day. High: 47°
Have a great day! We will monitor all of these changes, so watch 41 Action News tonight!