Happy Thursday Bloggers,
I hope you are doing well with everything that is going on around us in this world. Let's just take it one day at a time. Today is another beautiful summer day. We are getting close to the anniversary of the hottest day in KC's history, and we will discuss that in tomorrow's blog entry. For now, temperatures will again likely stay below 90 degrees. It has yet to be 95° at KCI Airport this summer. We are underneath high clouds from the tops of old thunderstorms. They are slowly dissipating, and the sun is coming out. Look at how the sky looked earlier today:
This picture shows Rainbow (explaining to Sunny how nice it was this morning) and Sunny The Weather Dog doing her pose trick. I say pose, and they will sit there for minutes while I take pictures. In the background you can see the dark clouds. There were thunderstorms around 75 miles to the west and southwest earlier today. The anvils, or tops of these thunderstorms spread across our sky, and they are now falling apart as the thunderstorms are gone. This picture was taken out at Loose Park.
A Weak Cold Front This Weekend:
Friday will be similar to today, and then a cold front will move through Friday night or early Saturday morning. This will bring lower humidity and a north wind. There is a slight chance of thunderstorms along and ahead of the front as it moves through Friday night, so we will go in-depth tonight on 41 Action News and see what the new data shows. Saturday and Sunday are now looking like the cooler days.
Kansas City Weather Time-Line:
- Today: Sunshine will filter through high clouds. The wind will be out of the east to southeast at a light 5-10 mph. High: 86°
- Tonight: Clear & mild. Light to calm winds. Low: 69°
- Friday: Mostly Sunny & nice. It will be a bit warmer with winds under 10 mph again. High: 88°
- Friday Night: There is a 30% chance of thunderstorms. The wind will shift to the north by morning. Low: 67°
- Saturday: Expect sunshine with lower humidity. The wind will be out of the north at around 10-15 mph. High: 83°
Thank you for sharing in this weather experience and spending a few minutes of your day reading the weather blog. Have a great Thursday.