Good morning bloggers,
The weather pattern has just been fascinating this month. March is sometimes the wildest month of temperature extremes, but right now it appears it will be coming in like a lamb, and not roaring like a lion. This means it will likely go out like a lion!
In Kansas City we have had 1 foot of snow for the winter. My prediction for the entire winter was for 15.5" of snow to fall. So, we need 3.5 more inches for that forecast to be perfect. The average at this time of year, by February 25th, is 15.6". And, the average for the entire year is 18.6". We are on track to getting that 3 1/2 more inches, but at this moment that is not showing up. There are a few storm systems in line between now and early April that will produce snow near by, but will one of them hit KC? That is something we will be monitoring for closely.
Rainfall and melted down snow has added up to a bit above average for the year so far.
The weather pattern has completely calmed down. Beware of the ides of March! It won't stay this calm for too long. We will look ahead on 41 Action News today and tonight!!!
We have been on a roll in our forecasting the past few weeks. Our forecast high for today is 46 for the 3-degree as we try to get to 15 days in a row. When we get it right, we show a name on our 6:30 PM newscast. At the end of each month we pull out a winner of the $1,000 gift card, and we will do that on Monday evening. Go to KSHB.com/Contests to enter.
Kansas City Weather Time-Line:
- Today: Mostly sunny with a few clouds at times. Light winds. High: 46°
- Tonight: Clear & cold. Light or calm winds. Low: 28°
- Friday: Increasing clouds with a 20% chance of evening showers. High: 50°
- Saturday: Breezy, sunny, & warmer. South winds 10-20 mph. High: 60°
- Sunday: Partly cloudy, breezy, & colder. North winds 10-20 mph. High: 47°
- Monday: March comes in like a lamb with a nice calm day. High: 50°
Thank you for spending a few minutes of your day reading the Gabbing With Gary blog. Have a great Thursday.