If you bought tickets to a concert through Ticketmaster from 1999 to 2013, you may receive vouchers for free tickets.
Ticketmaster said on its settlement website that in 2003, the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster class action lawsuit was filed alleging Ticketmaster failed to fully disclose all aspects of its UPS and Ordering Process Fees. The case was settled in 2013, and the court granted approval of the settlement in February 2015.
According to Ticketmaster, as part of the settlement:
- Ticketmaster agreed to provide all members of the class a $2.25 credit on the future purchase of primary tickets for each transaction over the class period, for up to 17 claims.
- In addition, a $5 UPS voucher was made available to members of the class who had used UPS delivery during the class period, again to a maximum of 17 claims.
- Also, Ticketmaster agreed to provide $5 million in ticket vouchers for select Live Nation concerts through May 2017, subject to availability and a cap of 17 claims per account. Given the tremendous initial interest for these tickets, Ticketmaster will increase to $10 million its allotment of tickets made available through May 2017. The potential for additional tickets will be based on the redemption rates of the discount and UPS vouchers.
If you’re part of the settlement class, you will have received an email from Ticketmaster about the class action settlement regarding the discount and ticket codes.
Here’s how to redeem your ticket voucher for General Admission Seating:
- Go to Ticketmaster settlement site: http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement
- Once ticket codes are made available to you in your Ticketmaster account (you can check for your codes here: https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers ), you may attempt to use the codes for events listed on the settlement website. The ticket codes are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- You can select an eligible event on the settlement information website and go through the purchase process. Remember, the codes for ticket vouchers are only valid for General Admission seating.
- On the billing page, during your transaction, look for a Voucher Code link and enter your code to receive your discount(s).
Ticketmaster said the list of eligible events will be periodically updated.