KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The preliminary map of the 2023 NFL Draft grounds in Kansas City, Missouri, is now available.
While details are subject to change, the plans are as follows:
- Entrance at Wyandotte and Memorial Drive
- Entrance at Pershing and Main
- Draft Experience on the WW1 Memorial South Lawn
- Theater Viewing on WW1 Memorial North Lawn
- Red Carpet at the Liberty Memorial
- Union Station will host the Grand Plaza
John Barker, senior vice president of global event operations and production at the NFL, spoke to the members of the KCMO City Council Thursday.
“Kansas City, you are now on the clock,” Barker said. “You are up next.”
Joined by Kansas City Sports Commission President Kathy Nelson, Barker assured the council Union Station’s iconic arch structures will be featured in the draft backdrop rather than covered by infrastructure the NFL is bringing in.
The NFL expects a 4-week load-in timeline followed by a site lockdown on April 24-25. It will take approximately 1 week to unload the gates and stages for the draft.
The 2023 draft runs April 27-29.