Good morning bloggers,
Happy Labor Day! The week will begin dry with a big warm-up, and there are a few weak cold fronts that we are tracking. One of those cold fronts will be on our doorstep tomorrow. And, there is a major hurricane harmlessly spinning over the Atlantic Ocean. Let's begin with Hurricane Larry.
Hurricane Larry is a Category 3 hurricane with 120 mph sustained winds. Larry is a dangerous hurricane for any ships out there, but other than that this storm will likely veer away from Bermuda and stay out to sea and weaken later this week as it curves north.
As Larry churns out over the Atlantic Ocean, the weather across the United States is rather calm to begin this week.
A cold front will sweep across the region on Tuesday, passing through KC Tuesday afternoon. This front will likely zip by here dry with no rain on Tuesday afternoon. Look at how dry it is from California to Missouri. The extreme drought continues out west. That major fire near Lake Tahoe is almost contained, but not completely yet. In the next few weeks, these cold fronts will be getting stronger, and eventually a few storm systems will make its way into the western United States. But, at this moment there is no end to the drought in sight.
Kansas City Weather Time-Line:
- Today: Mostly sunny, hot, & humid. South winds 5-15 mph. High: 88°
- Tonight: A south breeze will keep things mild to warm overnight. Low: 68°
- Tuesday: Hot and humid with the wind shifting to the northwest later in the day. High: 88°
- Wednesday: Cooler air moves in with a high of 79°. The day will start out in the middle 50s, and then it will be nearly a perfect day.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny and very nice. Low: 55°. High: 82°
- Outlook for Chiefs Sunday: The Chiefs will be hosting the Cleveland Browns Sunday afternoon. Some of the models have another cold front like tomorrows cold front moving through Saturday. And, other models have no front. So, if the front moves through it may be near 80 degrees Sunday, and if it doesn't it will be closer to 90°. Either way, the chance of rain looks to be very low to near zero.
The Pitch Best Of voting has started. To vote, go to this link: https://vote.thepitchkc.com
Thank you for spending a few minutes of your day reading the weather blog featuring the LRC. Have a great start to the holiday! We will go in-depth on KSHB-41 News tonight.