Good morning bloggers,
A mixture of rain, sleet, and snow was heading our way as I was writing this at just before 7 AM. The road temperatures have been just above freezing, and this is very good news. Clouds moved in overnight, and this prevented temperatures from dropping lower. So, the first precipitation that falls will likely just get the ground wet. If there is any sleet or snow, the road temperatures may drop a degree or two, so let's see what type of precipitation falls.
- Now- 9 AM: Dry in KC with the mixture of precipation approaching. It will start raining or sleeting southwest of KC first, and then spread into the city by around 9 or 10 AM.
- 9 AM - 4 PM: Periods of light rain, sleet, and maybe a few snowflakes. The snowflakes are possible at the beginning of the precipitation, and then it will change to sleet of rain. Temperatures warming to 32 or 33 degrees.
- 4 PM - 8 PM: The light precipitation will taper off to a drizzle, with a few moderate rain showers still possible. Temperatures rising to 34 degrees.
- Friday-Saturday: Rain and possibly a few heavy thunderstorms will develop. It will warm up to near 60 degrees by early Saturday morning. Becoming sunny Saturday
- Sunday: Windy and colder with a high of near 40. There is a chance of a few snow showers later in the day.
We will be monitoring this closely. HAPPY THANKSGIVING. We hope to see you out at the Plaza Lighting!